BLACK BURGER BUN INGREDIENTS (8 p.)
JAGERMASTER SAUCE INGREDIENTS
BURGER INGREDIENTS (1 p.)
Preparation for black hamburger buns (to prepare in advance)
• In a blender, mix the water, milk, yeast and sugar. Let rest for a few minutes while the yeast proofs. Meanwhile, beat one egg with the squid ink in a separate bowl.
• Add the squid ink mixture to the yeast. Then add both flours and the salt. Mix everything together and add the butter bit by bit. Mix on low speed for eight to ten minutes. The dough should remain a bit sticky.
• Form the dough into a ball, place it in a greased pan and let it rise in a warm place. This can take one to two hours. • Once the dough has risen, line a baking sheet with baking paper and divide your dough into 8 equal portions. Form the dough into small balls and place them on the baking sheet. Cover them with a clean cloth and let them rise again in a warm place for one to two hours.
• Place a shallow baking sheet on the lower rack of your oven and preheat it to 200°C (400°F). Mix the remaining egg with a tablespoon of water and brush the rolls.
• Bake for 15 minutes, rotating your baking sheet halfway through.
Jagermeister sauce preparation
• In a saucepan, heat the ketchup and Jagermeister, stirring until reduced in texture.
• Fry your burger on a hot grill or in a hot steel pan.
• Cut your bun in half and brown the sides for 1 minute on the grill.
• Brush each half of the bun with the sauce.
• Crumble half of the mozzarella and place it on the bottom of the bun.
• Place the burger on top, then the other half of the crumbled mozzarella.
• Add the tomato slice.
• Then add the rocket with the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and pine nuts.
• Finish it off by adding the top bun.
Nicolas Rieffel is a self-taught cook, sommelier and culinary columnist on the Alsatian channel Alsace20. He is known to the general public for having been a candidate for the Masterchef show in 2010 and for having created from 2011 to 2016, Life is a Game, his clothing brand for cooking professionals.