Make the dough
Combine the eggs, cream and rum.
Add sugar and mix.
Add the flour (previously mixed with the yeast).
Knead lightly to form a ball.
Let it stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour, covered with a clean cloth or cling film.
Making the doughnuts and frying
Roll out the dough to 3-4mm thick.
Cut into the classic shapes using a fluted pastry wheel.
Fry them in oil at 170°C, turning them halfway through.
Drain them on a rack and sprinkle them immediately with icing sugar
A route with prestigious references :
• Culinary schools and professional
training with famous French Chefs such as Christian WILLER (Le Martinez-Cannes), Emilie JUNG (Le Crocodile-Strasbourg), Joël ROBUCHON
(PARIS) , Alain Ducasse (Monaco) and in the French Ministry of Education, as the Minister’s special
• Elected ‘Maître Cuisinier de France’ at the age of 29 and today
member of the executive board of this association.
• Finalist at the MOF 2004 (Meilleur Ouvrier de France)
• Active involvement in international culinary associations such as ‘Le
Club Prosper Montagné’ or ‘les Disciples d’Escoffier’.
• Referent cooking Chef at the French culinary school ‘Collège Culinaire
In 1995, Philippe Laruelle overtook the family restaurant “ Auberge du Val Joli” and developped an hotel, a gourmet restaurant and a cooking school as well.
In April 2016, he was appointed at de Buyer as a Cooking Chef, Cooking Trainer and Demonstrator and is strongly involved in product development.