For 4 people
*Vegetables can be adapted according to the season and your preferences
Tataki preparation (at least 2 hours before or the day before)
Peel, remove the germ, and mince the garlic. Grate the ginger. Grate the lemon zest and squeeze the juice.
Brown the pieces of beef in a hot pan, with a little oil, for 3 minutes on each side.
Set aside on a dish. Away from the heat, deglaze the pan with the sake and soy sauce.
Add the lemon juice, ginger and garlic.
Pour it over meat.
Set it aside in the refrigerator.
Preparation of the vegetables
Remove the leaves from the stems and chop the kale. Remove the stalks from the romanesco.
Cook a l’Anglaise*the French peas, broad beans, mangetout peas, green cabbage, romanesco and broccoli separately.
Cut the mini pepper into thin slices.
* Cooking a l’Anglaise : cook the vegetables separately in plenty of boiling, salted water, then cool quickly in iced water.
Warm a little sesame oil, and reheat the vegetables and pepper.
Drain the meat and cut it into thin slices.
Reduce the marinade by half over a low heat and serve with the Tataki.
A route with prestigious references :
• Culinary schools and professional
training with famous French Chefs such as Christian WILLER (Le Martinez-Cannes), Emilie JUNG (Le Crocodile-Strasbourg), Joël ROBUCHON
(PARIS) , Alain Ducasse (Monaco) and in the French Ministry of Education, as the Minister’s special
• Elected ‘Maître Cuisinier de France’ at the age of 29 and today
member of the executive board of this association.
• Finalist at the MOF 2004 (Meilleur Ouvrier de France)
• Active involvement in international culinary associations such as ‘Le
Club Prosper Montagné’ or ‘les Disciples d’Escoffier’.
• Referent cooking Chef at the French culinary school ‘Collège Culinaire
In 1995, Philippe Laruelle overtook the family restaurant “ Auberge du Val Joli” and developped an hotel, a gourmet restaurant and a cooking school as well.
In April 2016, he was appointed at de Buyer as a Cooking Chef, Cooking Trainer and Demonstrator and is strongly involved in product development.