• Separate the eggs. Dissolve the yeast in the milk and mix with the melted butter, icing sugar, vanilla sugar, salt and flour.
• Cover and let rise at room temperature for 1 hour.
• Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold them into the dough before baking. Melt the butter in a blini pan and add a tablespoon of the dough. Flatten it and cook it on both sides until the blinis are golden brown. Keep them warm.
• To serve, top them with the red fruits and drizzle a bit of liquid honey on top.
•Griottines® Clafoutis (or other fruits):
• Prepare the same dough as above for the blinis.
• Preheat the grill to a medium heat.
• Grease your blini pan liberally and fill 1/3 full on the grill. • Add 5 - 7 Griottines® (or other fruits).
• Cook for 5 minutes and gently turn them over with a flat spatula.
• Cook for 3 more minutes.
• Remove and sprinkle with icing sugar. Eat while still warm
Nicolas Rieffel is a self-taught cook, sommelier and culinary columnist on the Alsatian channel Alsace20. He is known to the general public for having been a candidate for the Masterchef show in 2010 and for having created from 2011 to 2016, Life is a Game, his clothing brand for cooking professionals.