• In a bowl, mix all ingredients (except chicken) and stir well. For the basil, chop the leaves (keep some for serving).
• Add the cubed chicken and stir.
• Cover and marinate for 12 hours.
• Pre-heat your grill to high temperature.
• Put the chicken pieces on the skewers. Keep the rest of the marinade.
• Place the skewers on the grill and brush liberally with the remaining marinade.
• Grill for approximately 20 minutes. Halfway through grilling, brush the skewers again with the marinade. Sprinkle the remaining chopped basil on the skewers.
Nicolas Rieffel is a self-taught cook, sommelier and culinary columnist on the Alsatian channel Alsace20. He is known to the general public for having been a candidate for the Masterchef show in 2010 and for having created from 2011 to 2016, Life is a Game, his clothing brand for cooking professionals.