• Slice the lemongrass into large pieces.
• Peel and finely chop the red onions.
• Rinse the cherry tomatoes and cut them into quarters. De-stem the coriander (cilantro) and basil.
• Cut the limes into quarters. Set aside two pieces.
• In a salad bowl, mix 3/4 of the lemongrass with the onions, tomatoes, half the coriander and half the basil. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add the salt and pepper.
• Stuff the fish with this mixture.
• Place the sea bream on the grill or in the carbon steel frying pan along with the olive oil.
• Score the skin and put the rest of the lemongrass in the slits. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil, fish sauce and soy sauce.
• Cook between 12-15 minutes. Flip halfway through.
• After cooking, sprinkle the sea bream with the remaining coriander (cilantro) and basil.
• At the last second, add the lemon juice from the two pieces set aside.
Nicolas Rieffel is a self-taught cook, sommelier and culinary columnist on the Alsatian channel Alsace20. He is known to the general public for having been a candidate for the Masterchef show in 2010 and for having created from 2011 to 2016, Life is a Game, his clothing brand for cooking professionals.