Pizza dough preparation :
• Mix the flour and salt in a large bowl.
• Add the yeast to a glass 3/4 full of hot water (about 120g/ 4 oz) and mix well.
• Pour into the large bowl and add the olive oil. Mix.
• Flour your work surface and knead the dough by hand until it no longer sticks to your hand. • Put the ball of dough into a bowl previously brushed with olive oil and cover.
Pizza preparation :
• Preheat your grill.
•Cut the cooked artichokes into quarters.
• Press the dough into the De Buyer pizza pan and brush with tomato sauce. Put it on the grill for 15 min.
•Remove pizza and add crumbled mozzarella balls and artichokes. Put it back on the grill for 10 minutes.
•Remove the pizza and add the ingredients in this order: half of the salad, the second crumbled mozzarella ball, the parmesan shavings, the other half of the salad, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, pine nuts and lemon juice
• For Pizza Blanche:
Same as above, but replace the tomato sauce with 5 tablespoons of fromage frais seasoned with 1 tablespoon olive oil and aromatic herbs.
Nicolas Rieffel is a self-taught cook, sommelier and culinary columnist on the Alsatian channel Alsace20. He is known to the general public for having been a candidate for the Masterchef show in 2010 and for having created from 2011 to 2016, Life is a Game, his clothing brand for cooking professionals.